Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mama in Labor?

Just as I was setting up a bed for myself on the deck (I did not want a repeat of last night's miserable, hot suffering) I saw some lights down the street (unusual, since the power was out). I watched for a minute then realized it was a car coming and it stopped in front of the house. There was a knock on the gate. Then another knock. We waited for the guard to open the gate, but when he didn't Sara and Zeenia went to check things out.

Sure enough it was a mama in labor!

We set things up and she seemed to be having regular contractions. We monitored for an hour. She was having a lot of back pain and pubic pain and couldn't pee. (She had brought her own pee bowl and was squatting over it on the floor trying to pee many times). She finally peed and then Marie decided to check her. She found that she wasn't dilated and that she was constipated. I also checked her and agreed.

We gave her an herbal laxative and tucked her in bed to see what happens. Then the power came on, giving me a chance to take a shower, update the blog and head to bed to see if something progresses tonight.

It got very windy tonight and rained a little. Outside is much cooler, and even inside the house is a bit cooler. It feels really nice.

Goodnight from Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment