Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I have been carrying my last set of pictures around in my camera since I arrived home. I finally went to buy an SD card reader so I could load them on my computer. I should have done this before I went to Haiti but I didn't know such a thing existed until I was in Haiti. So now I have this handy little zip drive looking thing that I can put my SD card into and load them onto my computer, and I don't have to be upset that the card reader on my computer isn't working.



It is difficult to see, but this tree is FULL of mango's.
It is just amazing to see such an abundance of fruit.


And here is a banana tree with many bananas ready to be picked and eaten!


This sign just cracked me up the first time I saw it. I asked our driver to stop the next time we drove by so I could get a picture of it. He told me the picture on the right is the owner of the house and he loves Obama so he decided to make a mural of Obama and himself on his gate.


View from my bus leaving the bus station in Cap Haitien.
This is the outdoor waiting area at the station.


This is broken glass bottles that have been cemented in the wall to protect the property. I saw this while on the bus entering Haiti. I had never seen anything like this and thought "what a genius idea!". I spent the rest of my trip trying to get a good picture and as you can see I failed! I only spotted these while driving and I knew on my bus ride out of the country this was my lost shot, and this is what I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment