Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wow!
Four days and I will be on my way.

I have begun packing my personal belongings and I'm proud to say that I think everything is going to fit in my small carry on suitcase. Packing the supplies that have been donated is another story. My office has been taken over and I don't know where to begin. Susan and Nancy are coming over Tuesday night and we will figure it all out.

I am so proud to say that I have raised $1165 in donations. I feel so grateful that my friends and family have shown so much support for a cause that I believe in. I do not have adequate words to express my feelings. So thank you!

I have been having some crazy dreams. They usually involve missing a flight or a bus, figuring out language or travel barriers, being late...the usual stress dream. Last night's was the best...I forgot to bring my camera so I was driving around Haiti trying to find a store that would likely speak English and sell cameras for a decent price. I found a camera but it cost $116 dollars and I thought that was way too much money. I was trying to figure out if the price was in US dollars or Haitian dollars. I then decided to try another store to compare prices (oh, my! This is sooo me.). I was then thinking about how ridiculous it was that I was even considering not buying a camera because of the cost, because how could I be in Haiti without a camera?

These dreams explain my extreme fatigue today! Melatonin tonight and hopefully a good night's rest. This week it is on to last minute details and crossing things off of my to-do list.

I've become overwhelmed by the Haitian Creole language tapes and have taken a break. I'm trying to decide if I should carry on, or just start over and get the basics down again. Any suggestions?

Thanks again my dear friends! I feel your love!

No comments:

Post a Comment