Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Help for Haiti Shower





The fundraiser was few in numbers, but I had a lot of fun. Thank you to my friends who put it together and took care of the decorations, set up and food. It was wonderful. My basement began flooding as soon as I was getting ready to leave for the party, but we caught it quickly and were able to fix the problem before too much water got in.




I invited two women who have already been to Haiti and worked at MamaBaby Haiti. I was so grateful that Kim and Korina took the time to come and share their experience with us. The slide show they gave was wonderful. I was soaking up the whole experience and it felt surreal to think that I would be there in just two weeks from then!


These two ladies were fun and entertaining and I can't wait to hang out with them again!!


We didn't have enough time to make the hygiene kits so the kids at church made them on Sunday. I am very sad that I forgot to bring my camera and take pictures of them.

1 comment:

  1. Did Kim tell you about stealing (borrowing?) an ambulance!? She has the stories!

    ReplyDelete