Saturday, March 5, 2011

Donations

First of all I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to those who have already donated money. I am making a plan of what items I will purchase and bring with me to Haiti. I plan to bring as much as I can carry!

I just added a Paypal donation button
to this blog.

I'm hoping this will make it
easier for those who wish to donate funds!

(look to the right)--------->>>


Things are falling into place and though I have some nerves I am mostly getting excited! It looks like I will be traveling into the Dominican Republic and meeting up with a group of Naturopathic students from Seattle. They will also be working at the MamaBaby clinic with me, and we will be able to travel by bus together from Santiago, DR to Cap Haitien, Haiti.

This week I am looking forward to a shopping trip with my friend Susan and her friend Nancy, who will be joining us at the clinic. We will be looking for both personal and clinic items that we need for our trip. Susan found some Creole language CD's that I will be downloading and listening to the next couple of weeks.

My most pressing things to do in the next two weeks will be:
*Finish my CPR and NRP classes that I stupidly let lapse and need to re-certify in before I leave.
*Figure out if I can find a phone that will work in Haiti.
*Gather supplies

I won't bother to list my never ending list of other things to do. Besides, I might start freaking out if I look too far into the future. One day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment