Tuesday, March 22, 2011

48 hours to go!

Today was a busy day! After a wonderful home visit with a client that I pray will wait three more weeks to have her baby, I stocked up on some frozen food for my family, bought a mosquito net, cleaned house for prenatal day tomorrow and finished packing.

I'm about 98% done packing and that feels good. Just need to load up my back pack for the plane and add a little more food and I think I'm done.

Tomorrow is a long day of work, so I'm grateful I will have Thursday to take care of last minute details. Need to go to the bank to get some cash, make a list of emergency contact numbers and I'm sure LOTS of other details that will keep me awake tonight. I'm not having any trouble falling asleep, just staying asleep. I'm still waking very early with my mind full.

Mario secured my hotel reservation in Santiago on both legs of my journey, as well as my bus ride. I feel much better knowing that is taken care of. The hotel has a free shuttle and asked for my flight information, so they will be waiting for me at the airport. I'm looking forward to a brief R&R by the pool before heading into Haiti on Saturday.

Can't believe this is really happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment